1. Chateau Julien Wine Estate: This was one of the very first places we explored after arriving in Monterey. The grounds are beautiful, the wine excellent, the staff very friendly and you receive a free wine tasting when you buy a bottle of wine, which we of course did:)
2. Farmer's markets! I cannot tell you how happy it makes me that there is a farmer's market every day in the area. I've been to almost every one, but my favorite so far is at MPC. I bought a big bunch of lavender, beautiful tomatoes, figs, a handful of roses for one dollar and next week I want to try the artichokes and organic beef and bacon. This is also something I'm super excited about for Croatia -- the daily market in Doulac Square!
3. Carmel-by-the-sea: I love walking through the charming streets and the amazing restaurants we've tried. See # 5!
4. Crema coffee shop. It's located in an old Victorian with various rooms upstairs and more seats on the patio. The barista was kind and the coffee delicious. It's on the main street of Pacific Grove, which is fun to walk around. There's a great stationary shop a few blocks up! and is next door to a cute antique clock shop. Hi, we're 29 and 30 years old going on 85.
5. Little Napoli in Carmel-by-the-sea. A lot of restaurants in the area are dog-friendly, and no one loves doggies more than John Shea, so it's a perfect match for us. We sat in the beautiful mediterranean courtyard and ate an amazing meal. Cam had the spagetti alle vongole and I the eggplant parmesan. Both were incredible! As were the house garlic bread and wine.
But more than any of the above, our Okinawa baby loves Monterey's beaches and eating a belly full of sand.